This post is tended to minimize image size and maximize restore speed.
- Use third party software to make only one partition. Format it as ntfs and set it active
- To make Windows image more flexible limite your system partition size (32gigs for example)
- Install Windows to this newly created partition. Do not edit partition table anymore.
- Turn off system restore (this will also speed up next step - update installing)
- Install Windows Updates
- Tur off hiberfill. You need to open Windows Comand prompt with administrative rights. Right Click on Windows Comand prompt and chose "Run as administrator" Then type
powercfg -h off
- Disable page file
- Set active localy integreted administrator (by default it can be inactive)
- Delete all other users exept administrator.
- Remove unwanted user profiles
- Delete Internet Explorer cache